Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm better now

Last night I was getting a bit panicky over the whole water situation. I still don't know what the answer is, but a good night's sleep makes everything look more manageable.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I've got more time, but I finished my Cherry Tree Hill Supersock socks on Thursday night. To be precise, nearly finished. I have 4 ends to weave in which I will do tonight.

Of course I've already started on the Roses for You Spinning Bunny socks. Both the pattern and the colorway are Roses for You. The yarn is so gorgeous. I loved the way the Tencel made it shiny, but I was worried about the elasticity since it's only 50% merino wool. It is knitting like a dream although I do find it can be just a tad bit splitty. I do have another skein of this yarn, and I will definitely use it again. If you want to see the yarn in person, it's at Needle Nook. If you just want to see colors, here they are. The yarn and pattern I'm doing are the very first ones you see. Your monitor does not do these colors justice. I also have the Tamarack and Spruce.

As for the neighborhood watch, we have someone from the police department coming to meet with us soon. I think tomorrow several of us are getting together and working on the next steps to get this thing set up. Maybe we can use this as an opportunity to get more of the neighborhood on board with the curbside recycling and TNR. I would love to reduce the feral cat populations in then neighborhood. We're not overrun with cats, but it seems they do all eventually make their way to my house. I do leave water out for wild animals, so I have an abundance of delicious prey animals - doves, plump squirrels, and fat chipmunks. Just a few weeks ago a small raptor, perhaps a falcon, swooped through my yarn only about 12' off the ground while I was outside! And last night we were lulled to sleep by an owl hooting somewhere not too close.

Must find breakfast now. It's finally cool again, and I'm out of oatmeal.

1 comment:

Honi said...

I was explaining the situation to mom about the water.. and I said.. to my mom.. uhmm basically u can walk in Lake Lanier and not get wet.. its a huge and dangerous problem.. hope u guys get buckets of rain soon.. lord knows we need it too..