Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Misty Mountain slog

Today as Gale and I headed up the eastern side of the Appalachian Mountains, we got to see fog almost as thick as that in Illinois. I can understand it better here, as we were driving along one side of the mountains, the valleys probably green and verdant beneath us. Who actually knows? The fog was thick and dangerous as we drove through the low-lying clouds.

Needless to say, it took awhile longer than expected to drive through it all. The leaves are changing colors, but the dense greyness of the drizzly, dim day gave us only glimpses of golds and burgundy reds. I'm really hoping the weather is more clear tomorrow.

I did take pictures that have to wait until I'm back home to upload.

This ran through my head for part of the drive. Here's to hoping for blue skies tomorrow.

No comments: