Monday, December 14, 2009

It's happened.

The event that I both feared and longed for has happened. Keith has started wearing his handknit socks.

You know what this means, don't you? I have to start knitting more socks for him. He even suggested I use larger yarn so that it doesn't take so long. After all, he has size 12-13 feet, so it does take some time with sock yarn to whip up a pair of socks.

I wound yarn for his next pair yesterday. After all, he likes wearing them, and he's really a great husband. I'll get started in the next few days on them. Since I found out after I purchased the yarn just how much it takes to make a pair for him, these will be knit in Prairie by Yarn Smiths with toes, heels and probably part of the cuff in Malabrigo Sock Yarn.

I'll post pictures after I take some.

P.S. I finished stoma cover #8 today. I'm starting to make a dent in all the cotton yarn.

1 comment:

Kyoko said...

I made Wesley a pair of gloves and he wears them, but not socks as he thinks they would make his feet too warm... So I am totally happy that Keith is now wearing your handknitted socks. That is amazing (even the fact that he suggested on yarns too!!).
Talking about socks, my mum keeps loosing a pair that I knit for her so over the Christmas I have make her another pair.
You have been busy with all the knitting and crafting (I love the photo of the fabric store! I wish it was here in the UK).
Fingers and toes crossed that there is nothing wrong with the biopsy results :D *hugs*
x
Kyoko