Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lots of meal prep and canning

While taking the canning class at The Cook's Warehouse last weekend, I spied this cute little book. How could you not want to eat such cute food?
I asked Keith what his co-workers would think if he brought a bento box lunch like that to work. Would they tease him, or would they be jealous? We decided they would do both.

Thus, I have purchased some mini cookie cutters, reusable silicone
baking cups, sushi rice and nori over the past few days. I'll need to get some egg molds and nori cutters that will make the little faces, and I'll start making some bento boxes for us both.
I also got 2 1/2 pounds of peaches today. I've got the urge to make some preserves. I do have a lot of prep work to do, and it's not all for the preserves. Many of the bento meals include small amounts of meat, so I've got shrimp to shell and repack, as well as ground meat to measure into 1/4 pound increments and freeze. Then I'll get to do the peaches.
The hat that's pictured above is the second one of the Bobble and Cable hats that I've done. This one is probably for me. I was surprised when I compared it to the first one that I did. The two purples are very nearly the same color, and the hat pictures look nearly identical. (If you're on Ravelry, go look at the two hats side by side in my projects.)
That's all the excitement around here for today. I will mention that as the temperatures creep into the upper 90's today that I've started dreaming about a cave or decommissioned missile silo home again. Believe me, if I ever won the lottery, I'd probably have both types of homes!

No comments: