Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Georgia Burning

And no Yankees responsible for this one!

We've got a drought going on down here, and today is one of the days when we really notice it. There's a tire fire in Butts County (shades of Springfield!). According to Daphne, who heard it on the local news, the fire has spread into some surrounding woods. The smoke is covering Atlanta. There are rumors of rain today, so maybe we'll get some of the particulate matter washed out of the air. In the meantime, a code red smog alert, which means close up the house and run the a/c. Since we've been leaving the windows open as much as possible, could this be a factor in...

I'm suffering from the after-effects of a migraine today. I very rarely get them, and I usually know what triggers them. This one may be stress. Mom has gone in for a cardiac catheterization today. She told me about it early last evening, and midway through House I noticed the right half of Hugh Laurie's face was missing. Yes, my vision gets all wierd when one's about to start. Since I recognize the starting signs, I took a couple of Ibuprofen, ate some peanut butter (high protein) and finished watching House. After that, went straight to bed. I still feel odd this morning (probably stress).

As for Mom, she tells me that she's been passing out lately. Tells me like it's no big deal. Hmm, if she were closer I think I'd be trying to knock some sense into her. Passing out is not a normal part of one's day. She thinks she knows what is causing it, but there was the incident with the chest pains too, so on to the cardiologist and this. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today.

Still working on Grandma's second Jitterbug sock, and I've spent way too much time looking at sock patterns online. I joined the socknitter's group on Yahoo, and now wish I could knit even more. No knitting until later today when my head and eyes stop aching.

With this paycheck I'll have the vet bills paid in full, and I'm ready to start again. Brownie's still getting her meds twice a day, and we've noticed that Scooter seems less snuggly and friendly lately. We think he feels bad, which means senior checkup with blood work too. I'm not looking forward to trying to medicate 2 of them 2x day. I'll have to get up 30 minutes earlier just to take care of geriatric cats. On the bright side, they're still with us, and that's worth 30 minutes less sleep.

Well, I'm off for more ibuprofen, some lunch and back to dozing until this hypersensitivity to light and noise wears off. I'm well aware I shouldn't be looking at the computer screen, but that rarely stops any of us, does it?

1 comment:

Honi said...

sorry about that miagraine I hate those things.. I did not know u are a House fan.. I LOVE THAT SHOW..I love Hugh Laurie too.. okay.. enough love.. Please give my best to your mom I know its scarey. I hope she does well with the tests and all. Please keep me posted... talk soon