Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Just a brief note

I know, I've not written in several weeks. I've started working an extra day at work, which has thrown my schedule out of whack. I'm used to being able to take pets to the vet on Thursdays, as well as get hair appointments, etc., on that day. It's amazing how a person can get used to having so much free time that it just gets squandered. I've got less free time now, and I'm getting less done. However, I hope that I can change that by becoming more disciplined. Yeah, right.

Brownie went back for more blood work last week. It seems we've got the right amount of medication, so twice a day we grind up her tapazole and put it into some baby food meat. Turkey has been a favorite, but lamb and chicken are real yummy too. Now some of the rest of the varmints know what that noise is and come running to see if they can scarf some up too. Yes, twice a day I get to play food sheriff. More fun than humans should be allowed to have.

Speaking of which, take this test. http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html
It turns out I'm only 86% Dixie. And yes, I do have some Confederate ancestors. You can't have family in the South for the past couple of hundred years and not have a reb or two in it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around. OK, truthfully, Amazon had a buy 3, get 1 free sale a few weeks ago. Of course I got 8 new books. Of course I've been reading them instead of doing anything useful. After all, who can resist Tanya Huff, Colin Dexter and Ellis Peters? I also got some Laurell K. Hamilton that I haven't started yet. And I'm still knitting socks. I've almost finished with a pair that are a birthday present. After these are finished, I've got to complete the other purple one since Grandma saw it when I was in Athens last week, and she wants them. I figure I can give her the socks. One of the other times I was there she wanted the purse I was carrying. I told her she could have it when I've finished with it, but I think it's probably a bit too shabby now. It's a Tara Boone, and follow the link for the picture.

I need to get to bed. I skipped the gym all last week, so I need to get there tomorrow. No exercise and lot's of delicious bread from Great Harvest make Eve a chunky middle aged chick!

1 comment:

Honi said...

hmm I am 83% DIXIE .. well thats what I get for livin' in LEEDS, ALABAMA for 4 years.. I think I have become more southern lol...