Sunday, May 6, 2007

Picture Sunday

Here are pictures!

First of all, here is the feral cat family I've been feeding and trapping. I spoke to the neighbors who were going to feed them for me. It turns out a racoon had moved into the territory and was terrifying the human family as well as the cats. In fact, one of the cats I had successfully trapped and spayed is missing. I haven't seen her since I turned over cat feeding to the neighbors. I'm left with wondering what happened to little Fluffy. She is/was such a pretty little cat. Did the raccoon kill her? Did she wander off and find other humans to feed her? Unfortunately, I will probably never know. In the meantime, since no food was coming to their usual feeding spots, they started coming over here. I'm a sucker who still has two to catch, neuter and vaccinate, so I've been feeding them. I had to take this photo with the telephoto lens on the digital camera, so it's not the best. The other pics are too blurry to post.

In this picture you see Momcat on the far right eating out of the blue bowl, the dad cat is the one in the center looking at me, and Tux, the kitten, has his head in the water dish which you can't see behind the catnip. They wander over now both morning and evening to grab a snack. Sometimes all three are together, other times they come over singly as they feel like munching. Of course, someone else's pet cat, a rather handsome, plump, shorthair grey cat has been coming around for the free meals too.

One really fascinating thing I've discovered going to the Atlanta Knitting Guild are the other women who are doing the same things. Ruth, who owns Main Street Yarns and Fibers in Watkinsville, has recently caught a pregnant stray who was living under her shop. She's taken the cat into her home to wait for the kittens to be born. She's already made plans with her vet for neuter/spaying, vaccinations and hopefully homes for the kittens. Pat has used much of her free time caring for ferals, doing the TNR. And a third woman at this past month's meeting told me she worked at Furkids, which is one of the local no-kill shelters for cats. I've got the link here on the left. I've felt a bit odd at times telling people I'm trapping wild cats and having them fixed at my own expense. It's been great to actually meet other women who do this.

Now, on to the knitting. I've been working on a pair of socks for Sahar, who knits like a fiend, but not on small needles. She likes to knit the 30 minute scarf, not the days or months long projects. She's another one who saw the finished purple sock and asked for it! Well, I don't mind knitting socks for another knitter. She'll really understand and appreciate the work that goes into a sock. I've finished except for having to graft the toe of the second sock. I'll put them on my feet later and take a picture before I deliver them. On the needles, I have the other purple sock started for Grandma and the never-ending Malabrigo cable wrap.

And my eating/exercise habits have taken a nose dive with the extra day of work. One more day doesn't sound like much, but when it means another 7 hours spent on your feet instead of in front of the computer, you find it's rather tiring. As in come home and grab a 45 minute nap tiring. Ok, I lie, it's been more like an hour doze. I plan to get back on track this week. I do have to shuffle my workdays around to cover a vacationing coworker, so I have to practice flexibilty, which is one of those things I have to work on.

Check out these blogs for some warped amusement:

http://vintagestitchorama.blogspot.com/

http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/

Have a great rest of the weekend!

OH! one more item. This lurks above me when I sleep.

Here's Grey, sleeping in the open window above my pillow. I'm not quite used to her leaping in and out of the window at 2 a.m., but I have reached the point where I sleep right through the coming and snuggling up right against me when the window's not involved.

No comments: