Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Brief update

Yes, I know I've been neglectful of my blog. I've been busy! Mystery Stole 3 is very slowly coming along, as is the UT blanket. Also, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out on Saturday, and I decided I needed to reread the others before then. I've just started Goblet of Fire, so I have lots of reading to do before Saturday.



In other news, we purchased a new vacuum cleaner. We got the one I wanted. I saw it in Consumer Reports as the best value in the canister vacuums. Sears had it on sale, which made it even more appealing. I had procrastinated getting a new one since the old still sort of worked. However, sort of is not good enough when there is a whole house to be cleaned. Hopefully this is the last largish household purchase for some time. We had to get a new lawnmower earlier this year since the old one gave up the ghost. I guess when your appliances are 15 - 20 years old, they do need to be replaced. We're not sure how old the vacuum is, but it's at least 16-17 years, and the lawnmower was 15. Like I said, hopefully this is the last one for some time. After all, I have kitties in the same age range, and they take up some cash too.



Anyway, I'll post pictures of the knitting a bit later today. I REALLY need to clean house some now that I've got the proper tools. (Well, I have to check the Swiffer pad/solution inventory to make sure I've got all the proper tools.) I do have a few places that need hands & knees scrubbing, like in front of the kitchen sink, but Swiffer works great everywhere else.

No comments: