Saturday, July 7, 2007

Play The Ecstasy of Gold in your mind as I ponder the agony of lace. I am on a quest to find 2 stitches.

(Re: The Ecstasy of Gold - here's the Mellatica version if you prefer)

Last night I embarked onto clue 2. I had nearly completed row 101 when I noticed I was 2 stitches short. I tinked halfway back since it looked like the center was correct and reknit the row. Still 2 stitches short. I tinked the whole row and counted stitches. 2 short. I went and pulled out clue 1. I thought I had completed it, but row 99 was not marked off. I started to knit row 99 and realized that I had already knitted it. Hmm. What in the world have I done? I tinked what I had just done, tinked back to the wrong side of row 95. Still 2 short. I spent some time comparing my lace to the chart. I can't see where I've gone amiss. All my yarnovers look like the chart. My last known to be correct lifeline is on row 77. Augh!!!! I hate to think I'll have to undo that much knitting. However, I may just have to in order to get back on track. At some point when I was knitting on Thursday night, I quit counting the stitches on the completed rows since it seemed I was getting to the end and having the correct amount of stitches to finish. Obviously, I got cocky. Perhaps I'll be able to get some work done on it tonight, but I won't plan on it. My knitting and tinking were very interrupted last night by both Keith and one of the kitties. I may just work on Keith's sock since I've barely touched it since cast on, but most probably the UT baby blanket.

BTW, The Agony of Lace is the title for today's post, but Blogger won't let me near the title line today.

A longer post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Woofgangpug said...

Nice talking with you yesterday at the shop--it's always fun to put a face with the blog. I'm struggling a bit today with Clue 2--must be just me! BTW, you started to tell me how to get the MS3 listring thing to work and got interrupted. Can you please help me with that?