Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The latest knit bag accessory



A little something to keep that yarn good and tangled, not to mention it helps a lot when spit splicing wool!


Here's the updated picture of the UT blanket.
As for the Mystery Stole 3, all I can say is thank goodness for lifelines. Since I haven't done any lace before, I read all info on lifelines voraciously. I had put a lifeline in and remembered for the first time to mark it on my chart so I would know what row it was on. I knit for a couple of more rows, then saw a nickle sized hole in the lace! I had dropped a stitch in one of the areas with yarnovers, and I knew I had to rip. Luckily, the lifeline was on line 65, and I dropped the stitch on line 69. Not too much to rip. At that point I put the stole away (it was 11:00 p.m.). I'm looking for a good place to take a picture of it - someplace where the lovely pale grey will show up.
In the wildlife update, the hummingbird was back this morning, looking for nectar. Since my usually lush butterfly bushes are barely growing this year, I've decided that I probably should get a hummingbird feeder. I'm a sucker for wildlife, as you may have guessed from reading this. Heck, I put in extra parsley last year for the tiger swallowtails to use for their caterpillars. I need a new regular birdfeeder anyway as the one I have is about to fall apart. I won't get one with any wooden parts again. The squirrels gnaw through the wood. I'm not one of those who gets all bent out of shape about the squirrels raiding the feeder, but I don't like finding the feeding gnawed into bits from my beautiful, fat, well fed, but greedy squirrels. Besides, in her youth Brownie killed squirrels (and chipmunks and rabbits) with amazing regularity, and I think she likes to occasionally watch them in her old age.
I'll probably wait until I finish clue 1 to post the stole picture, so look for it in the next few days. And while I'm thinking about it, I switched to Addi Lace Needles. They are amazing! They are so wonderful with the Zephyr and doing the yarnovers.
One more thing. Go out and buy some of Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. It is very yummy - a vanilla ice cream with chocolate coated waffle cone bits and fudge. He's donating his proceeds to charity. Read about it here.

No comments: