Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hissy fit

In a fit of pique today, I deleted part of my stash from Ravelry. I'll probably get around to deleting the rest of it later.

I input much of my stash into Ravelry as a tool for me. It is so useful to see what yarns I have, the quantity, and the colors. It was eye-opening to see all the same colors in different yarns. Yes, I have olive green.

However, what finally set me off is that other people see my stash and want to buy my yarns. Would I be willing to sell them 1 or 2 from that bag I have? Would I sell this one I just bought to them because they want to try it? Well, I wouldn't have bought it if I wanted to turn around and sell it. I buy yarn by the bag because I'm no longer a size 4, and I unfortunately need all that yarn if I want to make a sweater. I'm sorry that they don't have enough for their project, but I'm not running short for their convenience.

Whew! Thanks for letting me rant. Anyway, if you're looking at my stuff on Ravelry and wonder just what happened to the yarn, now you know. There's still some sock stuff there, but only because I ran out of time this morning.

There has been knitting. I finished the gift cable hat last night. Weather cooperating, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. I've been knitting away on Lady Eleanor and completed 1 1/2 to 2 rows last night! Entrelac gets easier the more you do it. I do have one last gift to knit up, and I've been letting ideas percolate. I think I'm going to break down and do a multi-directional scarf. It should be really quick to knit up, then I can get back to my shawl.

2 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Heh. I've only had that happen once. It came in the form of "If you ever want to get rid of xxx yarn, let me know."

I politely declined. But I haven't put all my stash in because I'm lazy.

I'd never ask anyone to sell yarn that wasn't on a sale or trade page. I wasn't raised by wolves.

Teresa said...

Wow! Must not happen to me because most of what i have in my stash is one or two skeins of something and frankly, I don't have that much in my Ravelry stash. (Wish I didn't have that much behind the bed, in the back of the closet, in the basement, in the girls' rooms, etc, etc, etc. Oh my, hope DH doesn't ever read the comments on your blog and find it all!!)

But now I can't go look and see what you have that I want!!!