Friday, August 7, 2009

Second sample sock finished.

I actually finished it on Wednesday night, but I had to take photos yesterday, and yesterday turned into one of those days where it seemed I was gone for hours. (I was gone for hours.)
Early in the morning (for me, that is), I headed outside to where the quality control agents/knitting models were sniffing things and using my former vegetable garden area for a litterbox.
I presented the sock to them as required upon the photography bench.
At first there was little interest. (The photography bench is also a great place from which to watch the bird feeders.)

However, squirrel watching gave way to sock inspection. Here Inspector Mr. Chubbikins joins Grey, who is regrowing her fur from her lion cut and starting to look like Princess Plumeria again, at the sock.
The sock receives a very thorough sniffing. Hmm. Smells like wool and our human. What's that other smell? Maybe a hint of lavender from where it was stored between knitting sessions.
And finally, the finished sock for you to see. I delivered the two socks to Gale yesterday, and in return, she gave me more yarn to knit for samples. I have never ever knitted a Jaywalker sock. Sorry, I can't find a picture of one that I want to use. The pattern is a Ravelry download now, so I don't think it will link to where non-Ravelrers can see it. Soon, but not too soon as I have other knitting to do, you will see a Jaywalker here.
So, what else is going on around here? Not a lot. Our yard almost looks like our house is abandoned. There are tall weedy things growing that are either box alder or poison ivy. Keith told me not to mess with them, just in case they're poison ivy, so I haven't. However, when he's working 6 days a week, he can't really get to them either. Thankfully, he doesn't do that too often, and this week is back to normal. I really must find where to buy those disposable suits painters or hazmat teams use so I can tackle some of the poison ivy. I just really don't want to do it while it's so terribly humid outside.
I'm no longer looking for Scooter in the house as I go about my daily chores or napping. Keith and I still talk about him and miss him, but it's nice the keen edge of grief has dulled some. Things still set me off crying, and I'm sure Keith has those times too, but as they say, life goes on. I'm not sure that time actually heals all wounds as the saying goes, but it does take the edge off to where you can think about the person or pet you're missing more easily. We're about to go through it all again with one of Keith's relatives. He has an uncle who has just been moved to hospice within the past few days. I know where we'll we spending some of our time. Thank goodness for knitting.
ETA: Why does Blogger feel the need to change the way I space my paragraphs? They are not all run together when I type them up or re-edit them 3 or 4 times, so why does Blogger insist upon doing it upon publication? There, my rant is finished!


Kim said...

Once more, I gives you huuuuuuuuuuuugs!

Kyoko said...

You have good judges for the handknitted socks! My cats must even try out to see if I have knitted well. They even sleep on it...
I love the stone bench photos. Very sweet indeed.
Sounds like you are having a very humid summer there. We had few sunny days last week but it is relatively cool this year in the UK.
I am very sorry to hear the sad news. We are praying for Keith's uncle that he is comfortable. :D