Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snuggles with Penelope

Sounds racy, doesn't it?

I love pet supply stores that have store animals. I always loved Cheshire Pet Supply when they were still in business, and partly because they had a wonderful cat at the Toco Hills location. I was sad to see them close.

Where I go now has a great cat named Penelope. If I see her, I always talk to her and pet her. She's looking for a forever home, and I would adopt her in a heartbeat if I had space for her.

Just recently I wrote about how much I missed Scooter, and one thing I missed so much was that he was such a snuggly cat. He loved to cuddle, and I loved it too.

Today when I went to pick up catfood, Penelope saw me and meowed at me from behind the canned catfood on the shelf. She was definitely not in a place where anyone could pet her. She went back to the counter where the cash register is, and when I got close enough to pet her, she just climbed right onto my shoulder. Most of her was on my shoulder while she purred like crazy and rubbed her head all over my face. After a few minutes, I carried her to the sofa where I could sit down and pet her.

I know it sounds silly, but the other cats don't cuddle like that. It was very nice to be with a kitty who was mega snuggly. To get all new age-y here, it's almost like she knew I needed some kitty snuggles.

And let's be honest, having such a great cat at the shop makes me want to spend my money there and keep them in business.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awww. Yay for kitteh snuggles.