Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Careless in Red

I know, it's cryptic. It's not meant to be. It's the title of the next book by Elizabeth George which I found on her site. This is what happens to Inspector Lynley and company after the tragic events of With No One As Witness.

Sure, it doesn't have the same sort of anticipation that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows had, but I really can't wait to read it.

Tonight I got to knit on the big sock. A woman in England has started this giant sock that is going to knitting groups all over in an attempt for entry into the Guiness Book of World Records. Honestly, I could care less, but when I asked Keith he said when else would I have a chance to do anything like this? So I knitted with very plasticky acrylic yarn on this very large circle for some time tonight. Woohoo. (and why does this make me think of Bender saying "Bite my shiny metal ass?")

In other news I'm yearning for a vacation. A real vacation where we go away for rest and relaxation, preferably with a spa on the premises. I could use a pedicure, massage and waxing. Of course this isn't going to happen anytime soon. We've discussed what to do with old kitties, specifically Brownie. She doesn't leave the kitchen. She sleeps, eats and potties. Mostly sleeps. Most importantly, she needs her medicine. Looking at her is just so sad. She's a furry skeleton who doesn't even groom herself anymore. She feels brittle when I pet her (which isn't much since she rarely moves out from under the curio cabinet where she sleeps 23.5 hours/day). And Pixel has taken to staying out all the time. She was out for a little less than 48 hours earlier this week. I think she's too old to be sleeping out all night. She still seems spry and quite vocal when it comes to demanding some of my half and half in the morning, but she also seems thinner. I think it's time to get her in to get her thryroid tested too. Let's see, medicating two ancient kitties daily will limit my possible vacation escapes even more. Even so, I dread the day when I have to load Brownie and Pixel into the cat carriers for that final trip to the vet. As long as they are both eating and not in pain, I'll put off vacation. There's always the Natural Body Day Spa. Maybe half a day there will seem like a vacation.

Keith's sweater is slowly coming along. That's one thing I love about socks is that you can see progress. Knitting on a sweater you don't always see the progress, especially a man size sweater. Thankfully he's slim and not carrying a beer gut.

Back to vacation. It's really too bad that Keith didn't qualify for the trip to Switzerland again. The Badrutt's Palace had a spa downstairs near the pool area. I did get a pedicure and massage while there. Now that was a vacation. All of this has me thinking about what to do next year for our 20th wedding anniversary. My little grey cells are furiously working. I just don't know if I can give up buying yarn long enough for the idea I've been tossing about. I have much research to do.

No comments: