Saturday, August 18, 2007

Countdown

How long until September? Only 13 more days. Approximately 34 more days until the autumnal equinox. Ah, then the earth will be tilted in the other direction with the northern hemisphere gradually getting further away from the sun until the winter solstice. Why these fun factoids? It is so hot here. It's been above 100 degrees more days than I care to think about. I don't want to leave the house. I feel like a hermit, locked away in the house, only leaving when I have to.

However, I have done some finishing. The UT blanket is finished. My first Summer Tweed Sweater is almost entirely pieced together. My Cherry Tree Hill "car" sock is moving along nicely now that the heel is turned. In rush hour traffic I can get a surprisingly amount of rows knitted while waiting at traffic lights. MS3 stole is in time out. I've started Honi's wedding present and have knitted about 8" of length. Depending on how long I can stay awake, I'll finish piecing the sweater. That way it will be ready to wear when the heat abates. I keep thinking, only 13 more days.

I know, there's nothing magic about September, but it seems that at least the nights start to cool off a bit then. Considering that it was 80 degrees yesterday at 8 a.m., anything will be better.
Ending with a random cat picture.


No comments: