Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rain, rain

I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am. It is now our 4th or 5th day with temps below 90 F, and we've been having rain almost every afternoon. This is what summer in the south is supposed to be like. I remember the summer I went to Auburn to catch up on some classes since I changed my major, and it rained just about every afternoon around 3. Here the bottom drops out between 4:30 and 5, just in time for rush hour traffic. I'm not complaining. We have a rain deficit between 16 - 18 inches for the year. I would prefer not to make it all up with a hurricane or two since that leads to basement flooding.

I haven't had any desire to design much since I started knitting. I've been fine knitting other people's patterns and tweaking them some to make them more to my liking. That said, I had an idea for an intarsia and textured sweater this morning that I really want to make. No mentions of it here other than some of you may be asked to give opinions on some odd dishclothes over the next few months as I start to work on samples. Be prepared. I'll post things once I've finished, and since this is in the mere inkling stages, it will be awhile. And Beth, this won't have any skull motifs, but it still falls into the somewhat macabre category. For those of you who like Alice Cooper, I'll give you this hint. It was the subject of one of his songs. I hope that's no help!

Have a great evening. I'm off to make a tasty chicken salad for dinner.

No comments: