Monday, August 6, 2007

The theme has been revealed!

The theme for Mystery Stole 3, that is. Clue 5 and the theme reveal came out this past Friday, and quite frankly, it has been amusing to watch all the chatter about it. Swan Lake is the theme, and one side of the stole is going to have short rows for shaping like a wing. It's been like watching a virtual ant colony get stirred by a stick. Some love it, some hate it, and what I keep thinking is - it's just knitting! Get a grip. One person was very upset about the waste of time and materials. In my mind, any time spent knitting is great. Sure, there are projects that go on way too long, but eventually they get done. And if I don't like it, I'm pretty fearless about ripping it all out. (Or letting it sit - there is always something else to knit).

So what's been going on here that's kept me from blogging? The after effects of my birthday. I had a great birthday this year lootwise. My family checked my Amazon wishlist and showered me with knitting books and DVD's of bizarre cartoons. I've worked my way through Alf Tales, disc one of season one of Pinky and The Brain, and 2 discs of season 2 of Futurama. Not to mention that with all this knitting I may just wear out my Predator DVD. However, our DVD player is acting up - it won't play some of them which can be frustrating.

It's been interesting at Knit Night at the store. I have been staying for it even though it conflicts with yoga. Knit Night was originally a summer event, and hopefully I'll be back at yoga again in September. I really miss it, and none of the other class times are as convenient as this one is. I also think this is the only class Twiglet teaches. (The woman who teaches yoga is just the tiniest little thing.) Anyway, we had a conversation about movies one night. I must admit that during my college days I went to see art films or foreign films with subtitles. That's what you do when you go to a liberal arts college. Then I met Keith and started hanging out with him and his buddies. I was almost always the only woman along, and I usually had a lot of fun. And more to the point, I started going to action adventure movies instead of pseudo-intellectual fare. Well, I did drag Keith to see Eraserhead. So now I'd much rather watch Clint or Arnold than some film that going to make me think or bring me down, but one of my friends from the shop is always telling me how I need to see whatever meaningful movie it is that she's just seen. I really feel like been there, done that, now I want some fun. She wants to watch Babel; I'd rather watch the Mummy. It was so lovely to hear several of the other folks say how they prefer to be entertained that made to feel sad from a movie. Anyway, we've reached movie detente. We both like spaghetti westerns, so the next knit night at her house will probably include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. (I'm just waiting for the Sergio Leone box set to come down a bit in price - I must have it).

As for Brownie, she's still on the slippery slope of ill health in the elderly cat. She will officially turn 18 sometime in the next week or so. I don't know her actual birthdate. I'm not sure I ever had that info, but I do know she and Pixel were born in August. Pixel is still very spry although she doesn't do much grooming anymore and isn't the most cooperative when it comes to getting brushed. She still seems healthier than Brownie which is good. I'm not looking forward to having to medicate more than one each day. However, it beats the alternative. These girls are my first ever cats, and I don't look forward to the day when they are no longer with us.

See, really no reason to blog at all. The UT blanket seems neverending, but that's because I have other things I'd rather be knitting. I'm at the heel turn of my first toe up sock, which is pretty exciting. I'm just barely into clue 4 of MS3, and I've got about 2 inches of cuff for Keith's second grey & blue sock. I've finally decided what to make for Honi's wedding too, so I've got wind yarn for that as soon as I get the blanket finished.

1 comment:

Honi said...

YAY I am so excited.. about the present.. I love presents.. especially hand made ones.. they mean so much..yay...
hope all is well in your neck of the woods..