Thursday, September 17, 2009

How about some pea soup?



Actually, this fog is from day 2 of the trip. The fog this morning wasn't as bad as the fog when we woke before the dawn in Normal, Illinois, but I didn't get a picture of it.
I must mention a really yummy restaurant in Normal. We ate there twice while travelling. If you're ever in Normal (I just love that name!), go eat at Destihl. They brew their own beers on the premises, and they have something called a "Nut Sack" on the menu! (Of course, you know me, it makes me think of the episode of the Simpsons where the kids get snowed in at the school, and Seymour gets tied up in the bag that holds dodgeballs. He asks the hamster to chew through his ball sack.)
Bad jokes aside, I thought the food was quite good. I had the Tomato Soup and the Chicken & Bleu Cheddar Salad the first time. They do serve iced tea, but it's flavored. I'll admit it's good, but not exactly what I wanted. I should know better than to expect real iced tea above the Mason Dixon line. The second meal we had there I had a glass of Cline Zinfandel and the Mediterranean Pizza. Yum! I'm wishing I had a glass of that zin right now. I see a search at the store for it.
I'll get some more sheep pictures posted tomorrow, probably. We've been having torrential rains the past few days. I saw on the news there had been 3" - 6" in the past 36 hours. Our basement has been flooding like it did about 15 years ago when Hurricane Opal came ashore. I may be short on time if I'm bailing out the basement tomorrow.

No comments: