Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sun!

Yes, Apollo made an appearance today. We discovered that even after being submerged, our a/c still works. Thank goodness for that as we had turned if off about 4 a.m. Monday morning, and we really needed it today.

One of the ferals, Mamacat, showed up to beg for kitty crunchy last night, so she's one less worry.

I spent the day getting groceries, took a rug in for cleaning, catching up on dishes and doing some laundry. We're still waiting for the basement to dry out, but the sump pump is still running, and we can see water running down the street. Bein' down in the holler does have some disadvantages.

Hmm, this seems a little disjointed, but I find I'm tired still from being up most of the night on Sunday, and I thought you might like to know that things are returning to normal for us.

For a lot of people in the region, normal won't return for a long time. If you want to help, you can make a donation at the Atlanta Red Cross. I'm sure you've seen some of the photos of the metro area that are showing up online now.

I think I'll quit now and be back tomorrow with a better post.

No comments: