Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally defrosting

Yes, the temperature here has gotten above freezing. I had to let Mr. Chubbers go outside since he just knew it was pleasant. After all, the sun is shining and looks warm. Needless to say, he was only out a few minutes. I do feel sorry for kitties who look out the windows and think the weather is perfect since it's sunny. They go out and their little ears and paws get all cold.

The good news is that the snow and ice are melting. I'm glad that I won't bust my butt sliding down my stairs now. Driving can be done once again, and I won't have to wonder if I'll be able to open the car door.


I have learned that I will need to knit at least one pair of fingerless gloves for myself and a hat for Keith. We both need more socks too. Also, letting the cats sleep in the bed with us really does keep me warmer as they lean on me. I may be pinned to the bed and immobilized for hours, but at least I'm warm.


In the meantime, a little something to share. One of the feral kitties came by after the snow stopped.

No comments: