Monday, January 25, 2010

More gallivantin' around

Some of you may already read Chicken Goddess's blog, which is actually not active right now as she's moved mostly to Ravelry. If you are familiar with it, you know that she likes Shahrukh Khan an awful lot. I read her blog ages ago where she posted a lot of pictures of Bollywood hunks, including some really great ones of SRK, and she invited me to come watch some of his movies at her house.

Back in December I spent a very happy afternoon there. We had watched Singh is Kinng (slapstick and love story, plus a dance she and her hubby call the Desecration of Karnak) before moving on to Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is very long, and during intermission I checked my phone, only to realize that I was about to miss a staff meeting. Yikes! Thus, for over six weeks I've been waiting to find out just what happens to Suri/Raj and Taani. Finally, last week I was able to see the end of it, and well, I had to stay and watch another movie too, Veer-Zaara. I had a great time, but the movies are very long, and I always feel like I have to dash out of her house and back to the reality. I think every time I've been there Keith says, "I didn't think you'd be gone so long." (Honestly, that makes me feel the tiniest bit guilty that I came home and fed him leftovers, but then again, they were fresh leftovers. Or maybe we had frozen pizza that night.)

Over the weekend I had taken yoga classes from two other instructors as I had missed both of the classes I usually attend. At some point I overstretched my foot, and let me tell you, when the ball of your foot hurts and the pain extends into your big toe, you don't feel like doing anything except wishing you had a reflexologist on call. Which sucks because I've not been to yoga in about a week now, and I'm getting into it.

Anyway, I've hardly seen Daphne since early December, so we met up for coffee at Alcove Coffee. We've usually been meeting at Mighty Joe's, but I'd heard they had closed. I've linked the website anyway, as I've also heard they are reopening. I think I just need to drive there and find out for myself. Mighty Joe's is actually much more knitter friendly than Alcove, but it's nice too.

As we haven't had much of a chance to visit, you know how it is. The morning zipped away, and it was lunchtime before I knew it.

So, there are my couple of weeks of running around having fun. I won't bore you with the time spent cleaning bathrooms or going to the vet or doing laundry.

I have finished my February Lady Sweater. I think I bound off the second sleeve during Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. I'm almost finished with Keith's first sock of the pair. I'm within an inch or so of the cuff edge. If the day is dry enough, I'll rush out and take pictures before the next onslaught of rain. We received 2.5" of rain within about 8 hours yesterday. Our sump pump has been running almost nonstop. Thankfully I think we get to dry out for a day or two before the next system moves into the region. I sure hope so. It hasn't been dry since September, and our yard looks just horrible.

No comments: