Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's here!

September, that is. The days are getting shorter, and boy! People are buying wool in mass quantities again. I was all alone at work yesterday, my co-worker having to attend a funeral, and people are in sweater knitting mode again. I helped with the makin's of 4 sweaters yesterday. Sure, there were sockknitters too, but like I said, sweater knitters buy in mass quantities. You have to when making a sweater. (We won't talk about the 12 balls of Plymouth Galway for Keith's sweater or the 12 balls of Silk Garden languishing in the closet for me to make the sweater on the back of Cornelia's book from this past winter.)

Anyway, we've had rain almost every day this week and cooler temps. Thank goodness the dog days of August are over.

I've got to grab breakfast before heading to the wool mines. The Jojoland trunk show came yesterday. It has some luscious cashmere and a gorgeous lace shawl. Arlene is ordering the shawl pattern and perhaps more cashmere. The cashmere colors we have right now are either all pastels (yuck) or not-for-me jewel brights. I have lots of restocking to do also since 3 of the sweaters were sold after 4:00 p.m. yesterday.

No comments: