Friday, March 16, 2007

Annoying as usual

That was the comment I got from Keith when I called on the way home tonight.

"How's Brownie?" I asked.

"Annoying as usual," he said.

Her eye was dilated again this morning, but was back to normal in just a little bit. She is her usual self, eating everything on her plate and driving Pixel away to finish Pixel's food. Howling (she's going deaf) when she thinks she's being ignored. We must remember that cats think that they're being ignored in the seconds it takes to move your hand from the tail back to the top of the head to start the petting motion over again. Cats don't like waiting. The Egyptians must have trained them to expect instantaneous gratification.

In other news I decided except for one more slightly major yarn purchase that I'm going on a yarn diet. I've got enough in my stash to knit several adult sweaters and I don't know how many pairs of socks, but a lot of those too. There is a colorway of Silk Garden by Noro that I would like to purchase before they decide to discontinue it. After that, I really want to search for a new perfume. The ones I've been using are mostly single notes or very simple blends, but I find I long for something more complex and longer lasting than the light fruity ones I've been wearing. I tried some Prada right before the holidays and debated asking for it as a gift. I need to wear it again. I was undecided as to whether I really liked it or not.

Several of the other companies are re-releasing older formulas that thankfully they have not mucked around with. I am thinking specifically of Chanel and Dior. Back when I worked at Davison's in the cosmetics departments, I liked one of the other Chanels - either No. 19 or 22. At the time you could also get Diorissimo and some other Dior fragrances. One of them I remember as a very lovely floral. I see some quality time at Sephora in my near future. I am also aware that what I loved 20 years ago can seem less than enamoring now.

Now why would a yarn diet need to be enforced to buy perfume? Frankly, my tastes don't run towards CVS and Michael's. I want quality yarn and imported perfumes. Honestly, neither yarn or perfume is cheap, and a bottle of the good perfume could cost as much as most of the yarn for a sweater.

And let's not forget that I'm not ruling out some large vet bills. Even if Brownie doesn't need the vet, Sassy will be needing the annual visit to get her refill on heartworm preventative, and Monster will need her first shearing of the summer season. I've been wondering if Monster's fur would be long enough to spin. I've been hearing that cat fur is very, very warm, and Monster's fur may be as long as an angora rabbit's. I need a space where I can leave the spinning wheel out and get better at spinning.

That's all for tonight.

No comments: