Sunday, March 18, 2007

Random thought and pictures

First of all, let's take a look at the wrap I'm working on. It's on the left, of course. On the right is a sock in Jitterbug by Colinette. Jitterbug is a great, springy yarn. I'm really enjoying knitting with it.





And now some yard work. This brown, mulched area has 18 Dianthus and 15 marigolds planted in it to provide some color near the street. I'm planning to put some taller perennials behind them, probably coneflowers and lilies, facing the street to provide some visual cover for the tomatoes going behind them.







I found when I was looking at the blog that if I doubleclicked on the photos, they were enlarged to fill the screen. This gave me a way to check out the details of the cables and actually see some of the plants.

In other news, Kudzu is reopening this upcoming week. Kudzu originally opened around the time I started Agnes Scott. It was a place I roamed on weekends, especially in the fall and winter. It was in a drafty old warehouse space with all sorts of antiques to be found. I loved going there. Anyway, last year they lost their lease and closed! I was upset about it as I watched a Progressive Auto Insurance center take over the lot where Kudzu had been bulldozed. No more lazy autumn afternoons spent perusing old glass for me. Well, Kudzu has found a new home just down the street. I've heard it will be more upscale. Honestly, I loved the rickety old drafty place, but I'm sure the new one will be ok. And my friend Daphne will have a booth in the new one. She's been working all weekend to get it set up in time for this week's grand opening. I suggest if you're near Decatur, stop in. The official opening day is Tuesday.

No comments: