Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunshine Daydream

It has been one of those gorgeous days that we relish when they are here. Low humidity, lots of sun, and a perfect temperature. It was so good that Scooter had to get into his favorite sleep spot and take a nap. Just know that sneaking up on a sleeping cat is not that easy. I took about 5 shots to get the one I liked.




Of course, seeing him sleeping there made me think of sunshine daydream. This sound familiar to any of you?







It was also a great day for yarn to pose in the sun. This is Malabrigo, color Hongo, which I think has been discontinued. I just wanted to let the project get a little view time. It's going to be a cabled stole. We have one in the store that is knit up in Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande. It is so yummy, but I'd been thinking about how it would look in Malabrigo worsted weight. Here it is, in progress. I didn't use a pattern, but I looked in Barbara Walkers Treasury and decided to go simple with a 6x8 cable.



The picture doesn't show the cables very well, does it. I'll give it another go later.


This past Thursday I went to the Sewing Expo. There is a lot of quilting stuff out there, and sooo much of it is saccharine sweet. Most of the expo is dedicated to quilting, but this year there were some knitting teachers. I could take a class on Thursday since I have that day off and knew I could be there, so I took Combination Knitting with Annie Modesitt. She was a very fun teacher. I learned about this technique and gave it a try. I can see how it could change how one knits very dramatically. I'm not using it for the cable stole, but I'll definitely try it out on a stockinette project. She did teach us how to do cables without a cable needle, but I'm not too slow using one. I thought I had a time limit on the above stole, so I needed to be able to work confidently and quickly on it. Turns out I don't have the time limit, but now that I'm started, I'll finish it up the old way.



Excuse all the links, but I just figured out how to add them, not to mention moving the pictures around. I'll include some of the yardwork I'm planning to do tomorrow. Keith is going to Home Depot tonight to purchase some dirt. I may have mentioned we're raising the areas we plan to plant. Right now it looks like this. All that brown area is a thin layer of mulch. I'll dump some dirt right on top of it and after I've planted mulch again.
More later.

















No comments: