Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Quick Trapping Update

I found out where "Red", the cat I caught on Mon night, lives. He is supposed to live 2 houses down from me. I found this out when I saw Rosa talking to him as she was walking her dog. Red was still hanging around my house. I told Rosa about accidently trapping him. She said he's been missing for about 10 days! I know he hasn't been missing. He's been hanging out with the cat family I've been feeding. According to Elizabeth at LAP, he's a well cared for senior citizen. He's also an only cat in a household with a cocker spaniel and toddler. No wonder he's left all that to hang around on a deck with other cats, lounging in the sun and eating delicious kitten chow.

Also about the cats, Brenda, whose deck they live under, asked yesterday what was I feeding them. Now I may not have mentioned this, but when I first noticed the kittens and asked Brenda about them, she had been feeding them bits of human food and giving them water. When I first took this on, I had plans of finding homes for the kittens. This didn't work as the person who was the most likely candidate quit returning my phone calls and emails. That's what started me on this TNR. Anyway, Brenda plans to take over feeding the cats. Honestly, as I've mentioned before, I think she likes to watch them, but was reluctant to take on the responsibility of them. Now that 2 have been spayed & had their rabies shots, she's more willing to take them on. I'm just so thrilled to that I found LAP, and it's not costing me $100 to have the work & vacs done.

No trapping for a couple of days due to various conflicting schedules. I have the traps until next Thurs., so I'm trapping again Sun. & Mon., depending on how cooperative the cats are.

See, no knitting this time.

No comments: