Thursday, July 2, 2009

Waiting and watching

I've been keeping an eye on Scooter today. Perhaps the fluids yesterday weren't the best idea, but at this point it's hard to know what we should and shouldn't do.

When you are looking for something specific, I've noticed that I usually think I've found it. Does this make sense? I've been carefully looking to see if his breathing looks labored, and it does to me. It is really, or am I seeing what I dread/expect to see? Is he really eating less, or did I just give him a flavor he doesn't like as much? I'm reading too much into every detail while fearing that I'll miss something important.

I appreciate all the support from everyone. Last night Keith said that the last one of our first set of cats would be passing soon. It is amazing to me that we've had Scooter in our lives for so long. He was born very shortly after our second wedding anniversary, and he's been just the best cat ever. In just a little while I'll get my knitting and let him sleep on my lap until my leg goes numb. After all, it's the very least I can do for him.

2 comments:

Janice in GA said...

When my Bouncer dog goes, we'll lose the last of our first set of dogs. He's the only dog left who knew our Sasha. :(

Kim said...

I give you more hugs.