Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another picture Sunday

Here are some of the pictures I promised and some new items.
This is a close up of Claire's quilt. I'll have to get Keith to help me take a better picture later. I was getting too many shadows on the larger picture. Note the Hello Kitty fabric. I had that fabric long before Brecca got pregnant. I'm machine quilting "stitch in the ditch" which means I'm sewing along the seams. Done properly, it doesn't show. Done for the first time by someone who hasn't been near her machine in awhile, it shows a little bit.

Next up, progress on the UT baby blanket...


As you can see, I've gotten a few more rows done. Keith says it's cute. I'm still not sure I'm liking it, but it's so much easier than the illusion knitting. It's also not just straight stockinette or garter, so it's not too boring.


I couldn't help myself. I got Charmed Knits yesterday from work. I also bought some Cashwool, a really lovely merino laceweight in a pale grey for the Invisibility Cloak. Darn Mystery Stole 3. I'm getting excited about the prospect of knitting lace with beads for the first time, so while digging around I found some Delica seed beads I had received as a gift. (BTW dear family, I do have a wishlist at Amazon. Please check priority since I really need 2 seasons of Red Dwarf.) Anyway, I had been thinking about the Invisibility Cloak done with some of the crystal Delica seed beads. Oh well, I have them now. I must, however, do some knitting for Keith. I've got the yarn for the Jesse's Flames sweater - just gotta get going on it. So much to do, too little time. There are definitely days when I wish I were a Hindu god with 6 or 8 arms. Think of all the knitting I could do!
Other than that, things are pretty quiet around here, and that's the way I like it. I did get to the gym on Friday and do the complete weight circuit except for one set of reps on 2 machines. I was running out of time and wanted to hit every machine at least once. I've got to figure something out about yoga. I enjoy my Wed. night class and don't want to give it up entirely for knit night at work. There is another yoga class Keith and I can both go to on Sundays, but it's 1 1/2 hours, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. He says 3 different instructors for Body Pump (also known as advanced masochistic self torture in my book) have asked him when is his wife going to join him. I will admit he's looking good, but I've also gotten to listen to him groan, bitch and moan about it. I've gotten to watch him hobble around the house after a particularly tough night of lunges and squats. I think for right now I'll stick to cardio, weights and yoga.
I've been thinking about what to do for Honi's wedding. She wants something handmade and cozy. I've had some ideas, but none of them so far have seemed just right. I still have time since the wedding's not until November. Hopefully inspiration will hit me soon.
And that's all for today, folks!

No comments: