Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yay! Beads!

Obviously my beads arrived yesterday. Since I spent the day in Athens, I didn't get a chance to play with them until after dinner. I ordered 3 colors from Bead Wrangler after holding the Zephyr up to the computer screen to see what might look good with it. The mushroom is a lovely grey color, but to me it seems to have a warmer undertone unlike most greys which are cooler. I tackled my swatch while watching Hell's Kitchen, during which I discovered several things. Although I really tried not to, I adore the very pointy tips of the Knitpicks Options. I was using some Addi Turbos that I had in the size 4, and the blunt tips were driving me crazy. I also discovered don't work on lace while watching a TV show that you really do need to watch. I messed up the lace swatch several times. Finally, I decided which beads I like best, and it wasn't the clear crystal ones that I thought it would be. Both Keith and I like the #284, brass lined copper rainbow beads. They are subtle, and still show up. I'll have to post the swatch once I really do it. I frogged the one from last night since it was just a mess. I'll redo it sometime today. Hopefully my size 4 Options tips will arrive in today's mail, and I'll be one happy camper.

No comments: