Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cute Japanese packaging

Oh, the trials and tribulations of looking for new skincare products. There are so many to choose from, but like Goldilocks, I must find the one that is just right. I've been using Peter Thomas Roth sunblock, and I like it except for the price. So imagine my delight after trying a sample from DHC that was quite nice and cost less. Always remember to read the sizes...


Yep, those are the full sizes of each. I calculated that it would cost me $92 to buy 4 oz of DHC instead of the $36 that the PTR costs. I'll use the DHC, but I won't buy it again.

What's next? Remember my horrible kitchen chairs? You can see one under the snoozing Brownie. Well, we went to Ikea a few weeks ago and replaced them, as well as bought a couple more, for less than $170. Gotta love it. They are sturdy pine. Nice, plain, basic chairs that if a cat scratches it up we won't have a fit. The cushions can be removed and washed! Here is one now.

Perhaps not the best pic, but I don't always have the best photo environment.

I had planned to catch up on some quilting today, but at the rate things are going, I'm not sure that will happen. See, I'm blogging right now instead of doing laundry. The housework just piles up. And even more fun is pet wrangling. You have to wrangle to put Advantage on them. Grab'em while they're groggy, put the Advantage on their neck and stand back. Someone told me that Advantage can cause temporary numbness where it's applied. That would drive me crazy too to go numb somewhere I couldn't reach.

Anyway, I've done some housework. I've cleaned the kitchen and both bathrooms. Trash is out. Litterbox cleaned. And there is a pedicure in my future.

As for the knitting, I didn't realize that Chris and MT were in the process of adopting their second child right now. I knew it was happening soon - time just slips by. Keith suggested I knit this blanket in UT colors. Bright orange and white. I had really thought about illusion knitting a big T on it, yet in the sake of not having to graph it all out, I decided on the pattern from the dishclothes. I think it looks like bricks. I'm not loving it, but it may be great for a kid.

I've joined the Mystery Stole 3 yahoo group. It's a pattern from http://www.pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/. You get clues every week except for the week that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released. She's giving a larger clue the week before so that everyone can stop knitting to read Harry Potter. I know I won't be answering the phone on 7/22. In fact, I'm making Keith stay home on 7/21 in order to receive my book from Amazon. I don't think Arlene will let me take the day off to wait for my book. I've never signed up for any sort of mystery knitting like this. It should be interesting. Check out her other designs.
That's all for now. Time to dig out the sewing machine and finish a quilt.

No comments: