Thursday, June 21, 2007

Short update

WooHoo!

I did get out the Bernina on Tuesday for a little quilting. The quilt is one that I started when I heard Brecca was pregnant with her second child. That child is now 2 or 3 (I can't remember right now). I got the top all pieced together before the birth, but never got around to quilting it. I have to other basted quilts ready for the quilting and binding too. I'd love to get this one finished so that Claire can enjoy it before she's a teenager.

I've done a few more rows on the blanket for the imminent adoption too. Nothing of my own was done yesterday since we're now keeping the shop open on Wed. nights for Knit Night. I worked 10 hours yesterday, and the only knitting I got to do was on a shop model. I'm doing part of a sweater. Today I completed it to where I get to start the armhole decreases and neck shaping. I'll tackle some of that at work tomorrow if time allows.

No pics tonight, but I'll make up for it later this week - probably Sunday.

I got my yarn for the Mystery Stole 3 today. It's Jaggerspun Zehpyr in the color mushroom. I went to Beadwranglers and ordered 3 different color beads to see which one will look best with this yarn. I've not done any lace knitting of this sort before, nor have I knitted with beads. I'm actually quite looking forward to it, for among other reasons that I get to work with needles that I'm comfortable with. The work sweater is on size 10 1/2's, and I've been complaining a bit because I really wanted to get back to my sock knitting. I guess I can't argue with the boss if she's letting me knit while I'm at work, but I just finished another project with size 10 1/2's, and quite frankly I prefer small to tiny needles. I've just always been that way. In cross stitch, give me the 22 count aida cloth. The details just look better.

Oh well, I have to go lift weights tomorrow. I did the complete circuit on Monday, arms only on Wed, and my glutes have been killing me. I know that means I need to use (torture) them again with the hip adductors & abductors. Who's the salesclerk with the funny walk? That's Eve after doing 30 reps of 55 lbs each! Who's the aging chick popping Ibuprofen? That's Eve with a bunch of achy muscles. At least the pain is paying off, and I'm starting to see muscle under the upholstery again.

On that note, good night! And may your dreams be as odd as mine. I dreamed Brett and I were Keith Richards illegitimate children, and something about flying to Italy to track him down. No more of Keith's spicy tacos 30 minutes before I go to sleep.

No comments: