Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday Musings

First of all, I finished the Malabrigo wrap that I was complaining about it being a knitting slog. You know, a never-ending project sort of thing. Finished, it's beautiful, and I won't post it again because it's a gift. I really doubt the receiver ever reads my blog, but as one never knows, it will have to wait.

Next, I taught myself the Turkish cast on for toe up socks with no toe seams. This is a fiddly sort of thing. The concept is easy, but the execution is quite another matter. Using size 1 needles and sock yarn, it probably took me about 15 tries before I had it both correctly done and to my liking. I did it correctly a couple of times, but it was much too loose. I'm working on some Cherry Tree Hill super sock yarn in the Magic Loop for any of you knitter's out there.

Honi asked me (and quite a few folks) about if she could ask one question, she would ask what makes a good marriage. It is an interesting thing to think about. My first thought was communication, followed by sex. When I asked Keith about it, he agreed to those two and added companionship. There it is, all the secrets to a good marriage in 3 words. Of course, having enough money, similar expectations and goals, and liking the same sort of pets helps too.

Hmm, I don't feel as much like posting as I did a few minutes ago. I'll muse more later.

1 comment:

Pops & Ali said...

To know her is to love her, Tell Honi how happy I am for her, She is to talented and charming. It was only a matter of time until someone snatched her up and married her.
Pops