Sunday, November 11, 2007

100!

This is my 100th post, and it's a No Picture Sunday. I was outside in the brisk, around 40F, fall air taking pictures when the batteries went kaput. No pictures for here, nor can I post any of my stash to Ravelry. Boo hoo.

Honi, you'll just have to wait until later today or tomorrow to see your belated birthday present. If all goes well, I'll bring it for your wedding. If not, I'll mail it by Hanukah.

Today is also the day I start on the synthroid. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it. The doctor said it might make me jittery, and if so, to take less. I was talking to Mom about it last night, and she said when determining dosing for this sort of thing it's really all experimental. You have to see what the patient needs, and the only way to do this is to start dosing them and see what happens. Why does this make me think of House? Actually, I've just been through this in the other direction with Brownie this past spring. That's why she needed bloodwork done once a month until the dosage was determined to be correct. Luckily unlike the cat I know what's going on, and I can change that dosage myself (within reason, and I can communicate with the doctor.) I'm changing the subject here because I'm not quite ready to think of Brownie and Pixel without tearing up.

Later today I'm meeting with Rosa to firm up the agenda for the neighborhood watch meeting, and we have to give out flyers probably today. As far as I can tell, I think one of the rental houses that most in the neighborhood thought was a part of the problem is now vacant. There is another one where the people living around it have had to call the police more that once, but we'll have to work on them one at a time. Honestly, is it really that hard to not steal from your neighbors?

Well, I had planned to wax poetic on knitting projects this morning, and since there are none here, I'm off to do something useful until I get new batteries for the camera. Hi ho laundry and away!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!