Friday, November 9, 2007

Cat's workshop, part 2

The Coriolis sock really is an easy sock to do and does give you an very cool looking sock.

Cat does her heels differently from any of the ones I've done. I'm wondering if I would have to do the heel her way or could I do the usual PGR heel that I do.

I think the best thing about her workshop was that she said she wanted it and the book to be a starting place for us to do new things. I think this is true for many knitters, not all, but many of us reach a point where we say I like this pattern, but I would change... We use the pattern as a guideline or inspiration, but we don't follow it word for word. I felt like that about this class. I like this sock, but... and in my mind (or out loud in one case) I would change this and this.

I just plain, flat out had a great time in the class.

I said I spotted myself in another blog, so here's the link. You have to scroll down because I'm in one of the last pictures in the post.

As for Ravelry, yikes! I have to learn how to set up and use Flickr (which I'm sure is easy - I just have to do it.) I've loaded a few projects in, and I want to get the pictures up to go with them. I'd best get moving since I gotta work today. Why, oh why haven't I won the Mega Millions yet? And yes, I do know it works a helluva lot better if I'd actually buy tickets.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You know, I have the exact same problem with the lottery. :-)