Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wow, that was quick!

Poor Sassy. She's been one smelly hound dog. She's like any dog, digging a nice dirt wallow and getting covered with red clay dust. Pulling her blanket into the damp, then lying on it so it gets good and stinky. Because of the drought and her extreme amounts of fur, she hasn't had a bath in a while. We didn't want to bathe her in the tub since we thought all the fur would clog the drain.

I called my vet to make a grooming appointment for her and for Monster (who needs a clip under her tail - long haired kitties have "bloomers" which catch things.) Boo Hoo! Pamela, who I liked very much, has left. Now what do I do? Lee suggested I call Sonya's Mobile Grooming. I did, and her groomer was able to come today. It took Erica less than an hour to do 2 sanitary clips (Grey got one too) and bathe Sassy. I was duly impressed. Much less anxiety for kitties and humans. (Sassy wasn't anxious. She got to check out some new smells and meet someone nice.) I'll definitely use them again.


Now for knitting content. I had planned to buy all my gifts this year, but then I caved and decided to make one. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, so here it is.These are Petra's fingerless gloves in Dream in Color's Smooshy. The color is Some Summer Sky. This first one is knitting up pretty quickly, and it would be even faster if I hadn't had to rip it out since I crossed one of the cables the wrong way. Yes, I can drop stitches and fix cables, but I haven't done it on yarn this thin, and I decided ripping would be just as fast.
Here's the watermelon that grew spontaneously in our front yard. Keith cut it up over the weekend. We promptly forgot about it until today, so I'll taste it later and let you know how it is.
This is the yarn I dyed last week. The color is slightly washed out due to the flash. The green is much richer. I've wound one into a ball, and I'll take a picture of it to post later.

4 comments:

Honi said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE THAT YARN.. its beautiful.. on my screen the RED is brilliant..love it.. you have been busy.. and glad the meds are getting sorted out.. thats gotta be a pain.. thank you for your sweet compliments and I am so glad y'all had a good time.. It is funny I am still back at the wedding.. I know its been 2 weeks but Steve and I are still talking about it.. Again.. Eve I was so happy that you guys came.. it really meant the world to me.. and to Steve... Be well and feel good...

Kim said...

Very nice!

PS: the yarn I used for those socks is Trekking XXL, colorway 100.

Honi said...

Just gave you a blog award.. come on over to my blog to collect it :-)

Woofgangpug said...

Funny--I just shared with Arlene yesterday that I'm making these mitts and discovered (on the second one) that I'd crossed a cable the wrong way on #1. Guess what--I just knit #2 to match. the recipient will never know. Yours are gorgeous.