Monday, November 5, 2007

Doctor's visit

I had the physical today, complete with fasting for the bloodwork. The nurse was quite nice and took me to the kitchen for coffee after taking 4 vials of blood. Now to wait and see if I really am hypothyroid. The doc said my thyroid felt slightly enlarged (symptom). She also said that when I go on thyroid replacement hormone I will probably lose weight (yippee!) My cholesterol is still in the normal range, but on the high side (another hypothyroid symptom). That can be resolved by watching what I eat and exercise. I'll have to go back to oatmeal instead of fried eggs with tortillas.

We have found a place other than my house for the neighborhood watch meeting. I'm thrilled since keeping up with sweeping/vacuuming pet hair is a full time job around here. Double coated dogs and cats shed like mad. All it takes is one of those types of critters in the house, and it's like an episode from when fur'n'dust bunnies attack.

Less than 24 hours to go before I get to take a class with Cat Bordhi. Keith is being a lovely, wonderful husband and driving me down there so I don't have to mess with parking. He's also said he was going to take my van to the $4 car wash. Like I said, I haven't washed it in months, and it's starting to look really bad. Some of the car washes recycle their water - I hope this is one of them.

That's all for now. I've vacuumed, and now it's time to mop.

1 comment:

Honi said...

This is a double comment comment.. okay.. A please let me know whats going on health wise.. glad you went to the doctor though.. B.. I about fell out of my chair when I saw your pictures.. I love that area around bridal veil falls.. we were there a few weekends ago riding around... and I sooooo know what you mean about Highlands.. I now refuse to eat at those cafes up there... ridiculous.. lol