Sunday, August 31, 2008

The waiting IS the hardest part

Tom Petty sure got that right. I'm just waiting for things to show up in the mail. Fiber, dye, and technical manuals regarding proper use of synthetic dyes on protein fibers.

So what am I doing in the meantime? Actually, not what I should be. Instead of cleaning or cooking or even knitting, I've been surfing online. I'm looking for photos to back up some of my ideas. One of them is going to be even better than I thought. To quote Kramer, "Mother Nature is a mad scientist!"

Anyway, I've also been indulging some of my curiousities and looked up Sasquatch this morning. What's amazing is that there have been several sightings in Georgia since 2000. If you want to know what's going on in your state, go look at Oregon Bigfoot. When you read these, you will wonder about the people who report Bigfoot. In one instance, the people reported hearing screams. Their neighbors had also heard screaming. Is it just me, but if I hear screaming, I'm calling the police and not assuming it's Bigfoot. Now, I'm a Southerner, so I can say this. Just what was in the moonshine they were drinking? That's not to say Bigfoot doesn't exist. It might, but who doesn't call the cops when they hear screaming in the night?

I've been lazy, so no knitting photos today. I'll get up and take them tomorrow morning when the light is right. I do have a finished sock that I need to show off. As we all know, plans can go awry, but since Summer of Socks is over, I'm planning to work on all my works in progress and shorten that list. I think I have 4 pairs of socks in the works right now, with 3 of them on the second sock. One is from Summer of Socks, 2 were put aside for SOS projects, and 1 is from my illfated attempted for the Ravelympics/SOS. I want to get at least 2 of the second socks finished, then back to work on Keith's sweater.

No comments: