Saturday, January 24, 2009

The curse of the mystery reader

Is that there's not enough time in the day, and at some point eye strain sets in.

I completed books 8 and 9 in the Amelia Peabody series since Thursday. Yes, it has cut into my knitting time. Yes, it has made me want to just curl up on the bed or sofa and read all day. Laundry? - well, I did run low on a few things. I finally broke down and did some. Cooking? - do ramen noodles count? (Just kidding about the ramen noodles, although I bought my 1 package that I get every 6 months earlier this week. Mmmmm, mmmmmsg good.)

Obviously, there's not been much going on around here.

I'm a little concerned that Scooter seems less perky than usual. I'm not sure if it's the Chinese herbs he's taking, or the fact that when they took blood the other day he kept bleeding so much that they had to bandage his leg. Keith says he may just feel a little drained (no pun intended). I'm definitely keeping an eye on him.

I looked at the cat age to human age calculator, and Scooter is the equivalent of 90 years old. No wonder he looks so frail. I have ordered 2 self heating cat pads, the non-electrical kind, for him from Drs. Foster & Smith. I'll put them under the heating vents he likes to sleep under. Two is good since he'll only sleep on things for a few days before he wants them washed.

Off to a night of knitting and providing a lap for a snoozing, ancient kitty.

No comments: