Here's my second Barcelona skirt with some modifications. First, I did change the pattern slightly to fit me better around the midriff. I'm so happy that my first attempt with changing a sewing pattern was successful. Of course, it was a small change, but still, it could have gone horribly wrong.
Secondly, I had thought why just line a skirt with muslin when I can get fun cotton fabrics on sale that cost less. So what I did was to use the lining pattern for the exterior of the skirt. The lining pattern is shorter, as you can see in the picture. I used the exterior pattern pieces for the lining, and I added about 4 extra inches. This way I could line the skirt as the pattern calls, but when I turned up the hem, the right side of the fabric would show beneath the shorter exterior. I know for you non-sewers this probably doesn't make any sense, but I thought other sewers might want to give it a try.
What I found is that when I just added the lenght, it also added some bulk, so there are some gathers on the hemline of the lining. They do show on the exterior, so next time I'll have to experiment on how to reduce the bulk. I do have ideas.
In kitty news, poor Scooter is dehydrated once again, and this time he was a little constipated. I read that milk can actually get things moving for cats, so I gave him a little bit, and it seems to have worked. I've also read that pumpkin can help with fiber, so I added a tiny bit to his canned food this morning. I'll keep on eye on him and see how he does. Otherwise, it's back to the vet.
He is absolutely awful for us when we give him sub-q. We made the attempt on Monday night, and he writhed a foot out of the towel and pulled the needle out during his wiggling. We didn't try last night since we thought we'd have to take him to the vet anyway for the other issue, but since we don't, we'll work on getting him tonight. We have to get everything ready and wait until he's in a deep sleep so we can get him before he realizes what's going on. Keep your fingers crossed for us.