Thursday, April 30, 2009

Do you have your pandemic pack?

I don't, but I'm working on it.

I spoke to my brother who lives in Birmingham, AL, earlier today, and he was at the grocery store when I called him. He was trying to decide what kind of water to buy.

Apparently some of the schools in Huntsville, AL, are closing because of the new flu mutation of H1N1, and he is getting ready for when it moves his way.

Honestly, it's not a bad idea to have some supplies on hand for things such as the power going out for a few days. I found this online and went to the stores.

While the only thing I'm truly prepared for is being stuck at home and being forced to knit 100 pairs of socks (I might be exaggerating about the amount of yarn - I really don't know), at least now we've got enough canned goods to last us a few days. I figure I'll just pick up an extra pack of tuna or couple of cans of soup each time I go. I will have to make a trip for extra pet food too, but I hope that can wait until tomorrow.

I know, I really need to entertain you with pictures of yarn. It may not happen until Sunday. I'm catching up on some of those things I've still been letting lapse today, and I've got another sewing project I want to try create from thin air.

I have been knitting, and I've turned 2 heels in the past few days. My Bearfoot second sock and Keith's Wollmeise second sock are both now past the heels. Woohoo! I need to finish with both before the Wendy's Socks from the Toe-Up KAL starts on Ravelry. And on that note, I'm off to finish putting up groceries.

No comments: