I am making the Barcelona Skirt by Amy Butler, and I'd been stopped in my tracks by having to install an invisible zipper.
Yeah, yeah, I've already heard the obvious joke.
Anyway, I've been sewing on an older model Bernina that I totally love. It's the coolest, most wonderful sewing machine I've ever owned. However, I didn't have the correct foot to install an invisible zipper, and I know Bernina feet are outrageously expensive. I had gone to Hancock Fabrics yesterday and spent the $3.00+ for the invisible zipper foot, but it didn't work on the Bernina. What to do?
At some point last night the answer presented itself. Go get the old Kenmore out of storage and see if it will work. So that's what I did this morning. My Kenmore actually needs to be serviced since something is not quite right with the tensioner, but it worked well enough to install the zipper. I'm happy, and now I can proceed with the skirt.
Also, I've been without Internet service all day. I finally called AT&T to see what was up, and apparently all I had to do was log in to my Bellsouth account to get it working again. I'll know for next time since ultimately that's what I had to do last time. And yes, I did write down what I needed to do.
Now I'm off to sew up the skirt lining and see if I can get it finished tonight.