The vet I saw today told me that we needed to make the final decision about Scooter soon. She thinks he's suffering.
In the past, I could tell for sure they were suffering. I knew it was time with both April and Ripper. I knew it was time for Brownie and Pixel. I haven't known it was time for Scooter.
Have I been blinded by my own needs? I'm not ready to let him go, even though I tell myself I am.
No matter what, I couldn't make that decision today at a time when Keith couldn't be there. Except for Ripper, we've both been there for our pets at the end. I knew Keith would have to be there with him.
I've made the decision. I just need to give Keith a little time for it too. I'll call the vet tomorrow to make the appointment for early next week. That gives us some time to say good-bye, and spoil him even more rotten, if that's possible.