Thursday, June 25, 2009

A confession

I've always loved owls. Ever since I was young, I've found them to be fascinating birds. I'll admit to being a little jealous of Harry Potter and his relationship with Hedwig. How I thought I would love to have an owl.

Today, while waiting for a prescription at Wal-Mart, I saw a book entitled Wesley the Owl. The cover also had the description "The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl". Intrigued, I put it in my cart and started reading.

It is such a sweet book. I know now that I wouldn't really like having a pet owl as they are so much more work that I would have ever dreamed. However, I do think the rewards are huge for sharing your life with such an intelligent animal. It's an easy read, and I recommend it. Take a look at the link, then go read this book.

And even though I don't think I could raise an owl, I find them even more fascinating now.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I have been overnight dog sitting for the past week, and I have heard owls just about every night...I'm pretty sure one is of the larger variety!

Eve said...

I love listening to the owls with the exception of the very first time I heard screech owls while out camping off some random dirt road in the wilderness. They really freaked me out.