Saturday, June 6, 2009

A slight panic, followed by realization

Whaddaya mean I'm not helping?

Yesterday and again this morning I found myself somewhat worried. You see, I had some tingling and numbness in my left hand early in the morning. Many of us know the warning signs for heart attack, and that's one of them.

Other than that, I felt fine, so yesterday I decided just to be aware of how my body was feeling. Then, it happened again this morning. Is it time to panic yet?

That's when common sense prevailed. For months now, when I sleep on my back, I fling my left arm over my head. I'm not sure why, but I do. My left hand ends up dangling off the pillow behind me. Do you think that's why it's been a little numb and tingly in the morning? Time to figure out a better way to sleep.

As for the quilting yesterday, I got most of the long quilting lines completed. I've been thinking I need to outline each log in every square, but I find that I don't enjoy the actual quilting nearly as much as the piecing it together. In fact, quilting itself is tedious. I noticed that my quilting wasn't as neat as I would have liked, but that happens when you are racing through something that you're not enjoying. I'd love to have someone who actually likes the quilting part to do it for me, but it's very expensive, and I see why. I'm not sure now how I want to finish quilting it. I do have another one that has some long quilting lines, and I may get those done while I think about them both.

1 comment:

Honib1 said...

nerve compression welcome to my world... I know that fear of what if its something else. but I have nerve compression issues.. if I do the arm over the head deal for too long, if I have the cell phone up to my ear and I am holding it instead of doing the head tilt get my neck stiff thing... If I carry my purse too long on the left side.. If my arm is bent too long.. fingers go numb... and arm tingles.. woohoo.. not anything they can do for it... be aware of your posture.. work on keeping your neck and back straight.. stop knitting or sewing every so often and flex your hands.. and arms.. vary your sleeping postions... and the best.. have Keith Massage your shoulders.. Steve does that nearly every night.. mine is combo nerve compression issues and Fibromyalgia.. Yoga.. and swimming and paying attention to postioning helps..