Sunday, October 21, 2007

Forgot about the poison ivy

In case you were wondering, I finally broke down and went to the doctor this past Tuesday about the poison ivy. It looked awful and felt worse. My wrist was covered in these awful huge itchy, painful blisters. I had started wearing a cut off sock over my wrist to keep from scratching it or scaring the hell out of people coming into the shop. Anyway, the doctor gave me a steroid shot. I avoid those sorts of things usually, but they are great anti-inflammatories, and boy did I need it. By Thursday so much of the swelling had gone down. She also gave me an Rx for a topical steroid cream. I'm still using it on some of the areas that look damaged. My wrist is not back to normal yet. It's scaly, a little raw and painful, and mildly itchy due mainly to the dryness. I'm still taking a little bit of Benadryl at night to help with the allergic reaction, and I feel so much better.

As for the poison ivy left in the yard, I'll be much more careful, but it's personal now. Mwahaha!

No comments: