Sunday, October 21, 2007

More on the water situation

Apparently the media has sensationalized the amount of water (or lack thereof) in Lake Lanier, according to something I read last night. I probably found it after checking the "Droughtwatch" section on http://www.11alive.com/. According to some chap from the Army Corp of Engineers, the less than 90 day figure is for one type of water measurement. The lake actually holds more water than that, and with careful water management and less releasing for downstream usage, Atlanta has up to 1 year's worth of water left. So at least I can do laundry today as well as shower - still washing full loads and turning off the shower during lathering. At least I won't have to hoard water and become some sort of post Apocolyptic, Mad Max inspired water lord. (Although I wouldn't say no to the leather gear and total power. Might be fun for a day or 2)

On to the real reason I blog - sock pictures!

Finished socks

These are toe up, and I used Priscilla Gibson-Roberts short row heels. I love how the colors make the cool stripy heels. Now that I've mostly memorized how to do these heels, I totally love them. I've done the heel flap & gusset, but why would I when these are so lovely? For the record, I used the Turkish cast on at the toe and totally love it too. I'll probably try one of the others, but I've got this one almost memorized and love how it looks.

Here's a slightly blurry picture of the Spinning Bunny sock. I'll work on taking a better picture later.


Keith is taking this week off, so I'm not sure just how much fun I'll have. He has that Calvinistic work ethic really ingrained in him, and he wants to do a lot of house straigtening. I've been doing laundry and working on some of my stuff in the bedroom. He cleaned out the junk from under the bed, and apparently it's all mine. (OK, it is all mine, but no one saw it under the bed. Oh, that's where those shoes were.) In other words, I have to act busy until tonight when I go on strike to watch the Simpsons and knit on something.

I guess I better get back to acting busy. I have found a couple of things for Goodwill. I may sneak back here later.

No comments: