Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yum, liver every other day!

Not for me. No, we got the test results back on Scooter. Even though he's 17, he doesn't have hyperthyroidism. All he has is a touch of anemia that apparently can be fixed with a boiled, organic chicken liver every other day. That's so rough for that cat. (Let me clarify this for you. In the past, when he was younger, I would occasionally give him a bit of raw chicken liver. He would go crazy with the drooling and growling at Pixel and Brownie. Don't worry - they got some too. It would have an effect on them similar to catnip.) He'll be in heaven. It's bad enough he only wants to eat baby food meat or beef or venison catfood. Now he'll get cooked liver on a regular basis.

As for me, I got through the day without crying, even when I thought about Pixel and Brownie. I feel sad, but at least I wasn't crying.

I didn't even think to take a picture of the finished Debbie Bliss armwarmer. Here is a link that shows you the picture in the book. I used a different color of yarn, but it basically looks like that. The hat that I'll be teaching is on the front cover of this book, One Skein Wonders. It's the one on the top of the "e" in One.

That's all for tonight. Just wanted to let you know that Scooter is doing pretty well for an older kitty.

2 comments:

Honi said...

glad u got a good report on Scooter.. u sure have had a rough time lately.. I can only imagine... sorry I have not been a good blog checker.. been doing all the wedding stuff.. and then yesterday my pc decided to die.. the hard drive was saveable and then geek squad is retrieving data from it so all my wedding stuff should be safe ( I HOPE ) I am going to put everything on Steves pc then eventually get a new myself.. 3 weeks before the wedding and all my info on that stupid machine and of course I never thought to back any of it up.. why would I think such a smart thing like that.. I am going to have to introduce you to Dan and Judy Dorchester they were our former neighbors at greystone and they are Cat lovers par excellence.. actually they love all animals.. but their home is ruled by 2 kitties.. one is a rescue cat and the other I am not sure about they had another one that died not too long ago.. he had feline aids..they are wonderful people and will hopefully be at the wedding...I hope your poisen ivy is better now and that you are starting to feel a little bit better too...

Kim said...

so sorry to hear about your kitties :-( and very glad to hear that scooter can be fixed with some extra spoiling. (how's that for irony? you just weren't spoiling him enough!) take care. you'll be in my thoughts.