Monday, October 8, 2007

A pox on yardwork...

also known as I have poison ivy yet again. At least I'm pretty sure that's what the blistery, itchy streak on the top of my foot and matching patch on other ankle is. That means Caladryl twice a day and Benadryl capsules at night for the next week or so.

I know, I've already gotten the lecture from Keith about wearing flip-flops to do yardwork in. Yes, I'll actually start wearing things like old sneakers or boots along with long sleeves for yardwork. It's just so hard to wear those things unless the temperature really calls for it. You know what I mean. For me, it needs to be in the 50's at most for me to wear that much clothing for yardwork. (I'll just blame genetics here. Most of my ancestry comes from colder climates. As much as I love the South, cold, dreary England would be better suited for me temperature wise.)

After that, I goofed off watching bad TV and knitting. I worked on Keith's sock and sweater. I tried out the Spinning Bunny in the Roses for You colorway. Let me tell you, the colors are just incredibly gorgeous. They knitted up so beautifully. However, the Tencel is not as stretchy as wool, and it just didn't work with the pattern I was trying out. It would be fine if I weighed less and had thinner ankles. Since I don't know how much I have to lose to make the lace pattern work with this particular yarn, I frogged it. I'll work the pattern with a different yarn and use Spinning Bunny for toe up socks.

I have to go now. I need to hit the gym today. I'm still working towards that goal of 1 hour of aerobics a day. I'm a realist. If I actually get to the gym and do 30 minutes 3 - 4 days this week, it's more than I've been doing. I'll have to work up to that hour. Off to some low-cal breakfast and exercise. Ciao!

P.S. My new sock bag looks surprisingly good. There was a little bit of bleedthrough from the black fabric that lines it, but all in all it looks nearly new still.

No comments: