Monday, October 29, 2007

SAFF enhancement

First of all, here is the manta ray I got from Dee Sharp Designs. Yes, I know there's a hair in the picture. After I saw that, I took about 4 more shots, but this was still the best one, even with the hair.

Here are the pictures of yarn!
On the left is from Miss Bab's. The photo doesn't do it justice since the colors are brighter. These colors made me think of things like the Preppy Handbook, which came out while I was in high school. I am hardly a preppy, have never been one, but I thought these colors were just great. Maybe I can find a perfect skull lace pattern for it, no? On to the stats. The colorway is called Watermelon. It is superwash, 100% merino wool.
On the right are the 2 yarns Keith picked out. The one on the right is from YarnSmiths. The yarn is called Prairie. It's a blend of 60% lambswool, 20% baby alpaca and 20% cashmere. It's handwash only. There are approximately 500 yards of it, and the gal from YarnSmiths said people do make socks from it. I found it quite funny that Keith picked up the cashmere blend and said he wanted socks from it. (He didn't look at the label. He liked the colors and the feel of it.)
His other sock yarn is from Three Waters Farm. There is no colorway written on the label. It is 100% superwash merino.
These pictured above are also for me. The one on the top is from Three Rivers Farm, the superwash merino. The colorway is Fall Leaves.
The bottom one is from YarnSmiths. It's Mazu, a blend of 70% superwash merino and 30% Seacell. It feels squishy, like the yarns with tencel.
Speaking of yarns with tencel, here is the Roses for You sock. I turned the heel this weekend using my favorite PGR heel. It's coming right along. I do have to stop sock knitting for a little while to get that hat knit for work. I've made some more progress on Keith's sweater. Time to pull out the pattern since I'm nearly at the point where I have to knit the sleeves. I have to knit the sleeves before I can knit the yoke since it's all knit in the round, and the sleeve get attached to the yoke. I know, it's Greek to some of you. The beauty of this sweater is that normally the only seams to sew are the underarms. Since I'm doing intarsia on the sleeves, I'll have to seam them up before I attach them to finish the yoke. It will make more sense to you as I include photos of the process.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the yarn! Looks like you had a great time at SAFF. (And tell Keith I don't think there's anything wrong with kissing the livestock.)