Saturday, October 6, 2007

Size matters

I was thinking about size briefly this morning as I was pondering sock yarn. I've been working on Keith's sweater fairly regularly now, and there are times when I feel I've not made a bit of progress. I realized this was a question of scale. The amount of stitches I've knit for his sweater would equal maybe a whole back or front of a sweater for me. Maybe it would equal both sleeves. I don't think I'm even up to midchest yet. I haven't measured since I didn't think that would encourage me any.

I think I'm mostly a process knitter. I just flat out enjoy wrapping yarn around the needle. That said, I do like so see a bit of progress to. One of the most wonderful things about socks besides getting to use tiny needles and portability is that I can see progress. I know there will eventually be an end to this project at which time I can start on the next one. (Spoken by a woman who has 2 socks, Keith's sweater, a birthday gift and a chemo cap on the needles - perhaps I should get something finished, no?)

Well, it's Saturday, and as much as I would love to spend the day here at home lazing about, it's off to the wool works. We got in a new shipment of Jitterbug yesterday which I'll get to watch fly out the door.

I'd best go. One of my feline mistresses has come to check on me. I did feed them canned food the instant I got up (cats come before coffee in my house - or so they tell me), but now it must be time for a little kibble.

No comments: